When I get a hundred, I’ve got to reward myself: Steve Smith reveals how he treated himself after scoring his third double hundred
After missing the last Test due to injury, Steve Smith made a fantastic comeback scoring his third double hundred on day 2 of the 4th Ashes Test. For his brilliant innings of 211 runs, Smith batted for 513 minutes hitting 24 fours and two sixes.
Smith’s all three double hundreds came against England, two of them during the Ashes series. With 579 Test runs in 2019, he is the leading run-scorer with Ben Stokes at the second spot (513).
Talking to Cricket.com.au before play on day 3, Smith told how it was like to face against England’s bowlers. “It’s never easy out in the middle. They’ve got some quality bowlers and you need to keep working hard,” said Steve Smith.
Smith also revealed how he treated himself after his innings. “I had my standard last night: I got myself a nice block of dairy milk (chocolate) and sat in the room, chilled out and yeah, not much else,” told Smith.
“That’s my standard ritual when I get a hundred, I’ve got to reward myself and last night’s choice was a standard block of dairy milk,” he concluded.
— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) September 6, 2019
- South Africa announces ODI squad for England series, names Quinton de Kock as captain
- ‘Usne maar maar ke bharta nikaal dia’ : Shoaib Akhtar on Rohit Sharma’s assault of Australia bowlers at Chinnaswamy
- ‘Usne maar maar ke bharta nikaal dia bowlers ka’ : Shoaib Akhtar on Rohit Sharma’s assault of Australia bowlers at Chinnaswamy
- WATCH: Sam Harper horribly collides with Nathan Ellis in BBL 09
- Hardik Pandya shares a loved-up snap with his fiancee Natasa Stankovic